Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 4.9.1994

From Merrivale
4.9.1994

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

It was so nice talking to you on the phone & hearing all the news of Melissa – please don’t forget to send me all newspaper clippings video etc.

We have had some lovely hot weather it’s been 33 today lovely – Debbie, Lionel & kids are at the caravan I envy them. Jenny came down yesterday & we went to Regan’s school fun day.
We had a lovely time in the Kruger Park & saw lots of animals – I’ll try and send you a video. Our last night we slept at Pilgrim Rest in this palatial hotel – restored to its former glory & at R250 for B & B for 2. It was freezing cold, but there was a lovely fire in the lounge & heaters & hot water bottles in the bedrooms.

Sheila has built  a flat in her back garden & would like us to go & live there, but I couldn’t stand Durban in the summer & also I am always on edge when I’m there & always I’ll be home as soon as Donovan & Ronald drive me away.  Uncle John & Aunty Fay live in a flat in Japie & Linda’s garden and are very happy. They come to see us every time we go down & Aunty Fay & I take a walk from Austeys to Brighton & back.

Dad’s keeping very well & goes back to hospital on the 8th November & we’ll know how he’s doing. He’s busy watching “Beyond 2000” – he really gets mad when they show sport instead of his favourite programme.

Jenny is loving her job, but the kids come & go as they please & pinch everything moveable. She also has an African choir in Bergville & is entering them in a competition. They are really terrific & so dedicated.

It’s been such a heavenly day & we had a friend for the day & so enjoyed.

Well no more news so I’ll sign off,

                                Tons of love from,
                                Dad, Mum & family, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment