Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 15.11.1994

From Merrivale
15.11.1994

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

We have just spent 10 days down at Southbroom 7 had a wonderful time – went swimming everyday , Bobby Hayes & his wife were there Mrs Granny Hayes & her sister Aunty Marge.
Saw Aunty Joan & Uncle Steve Smallman on our way down to Southbroom –they send their love & congratulations to Melissa they were on the old farm with us when Melissa was born , so always want to know all about her……..

On our way down to Southbroom I always call & see Dr Ray Browne & his wife – you will remember them from Que Que & they also always came to visit us in Doble Rd, one year they took us all to see the wizard of Oz, well they have moved from Pennington to Pinetown so I decided to phone her & have a chat & I told her about Melissa well yesterday I got a letter from her & she was so moved by Melissa, that she says she has had the urge to sell some things of hers & to give me the money towards my airfare to America to watch Melissa in the Olympics, I can’t believe how kind people are – everybody is so touched by Melissa’s achievements that they all want to help me to get my airfare  - so please let me know when the Olympics are on so that I can book my air ticket before prices go up anymore.

Dot also wrote & sent me a photo of Melissa & some cuttings from the Melbourne newspapers. I was really touched by her thoughtfulness. Could you have a photo of Melissa at the pool also the one of the whole family at the airport? We spent the weekend with Jenny & family – the hotel was fully booked & they had to turn people away – they also have people in their house (hotel guests) & even sometimes have people in the cottage. No more space so I’ll close,

                                Tons of love to each & everyone, XXXXXXXX

                                Dad, Mum & family, XXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment