Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 10.6.1994

From Merrivale
10.6.1994


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Thanks for your phone call & so excited about Melissa – I am still making things & selling them to get money to go & watch her if she is in the Olympics. I have made about R500 in the last 3 months so I’m not doing too badly. I am busy making a jacket for Lynn – it has nearly killed my back & I am taking Beserol, but is nearly finished & I will charge R60 to make it.

Dad is still in hospital – I’m not too happy about things, as he has had to have more tumors removed from his bladder & he had a drip going into his neck & one into his bladder & a catheter so he was very uncomfortable – I spoke to the Dr & he said he would have to wait for the lab results before deciding on the treatment.

It is perishing cold I even made a fire on my own last night to try & keep warm – I don’t like to go to bed too early. I could sleep at one of the kid’s houses, but prefer to be here as I have so much to do. On Saturday morning at 6am I woke Daddy up & asked him to take me down to Debbie & Lionel & kids at the time share for 3 days – so we left here at 7:30 am & spent 3 wonderful very hot days there. I took the kids fishing everyday & they caught fish every day even Nicky & Fay is such a good fisherman, puts on her own bait and everything.

Shelia has been having hassles again as her maid walked out on her & she like me takes over all & sundry & has a young girl & her child living there plus Sherry & they are giving her a hard time at work, she has just phoned to say she has a maid starting on Monday & we will be going down soon so I will do all the cooking for her & give her a break.

All the rest of the family are well. I am just going to have a hot bath & then go & visit dad. I think that’s about all the news please send photos & all clippings from newspapers about Melissa as I keep a file of her achievements.

                                Tons of love,
                                God bless you all XXXXXXXXXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment