Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 3.3.94

From Merrivale
3.3.94


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Neal & Wesley & I went to Bergville yesterday to take some aviaries that Jenny had bought from a friend of mine. As we leave Neal tells me he hasn’t a spare trailer  - well just before Winterton we get a puncture in the truck  & they have  just tarred the road so Neal gets himself covered in tar while changing the tire – then we take the tire into the garage at Bergville & tell the K4 that he must fix it in a hurry as we have to go to Grey’s hospital, but we would go to the hotel for lunch then come back & pick it up – well we get back to the garage its closed between 1-2 , so we have to leave the tire in Bergville to race down to Grey’s to see Dad, as now we don’t have a spare for the truck or tailor , but luckily arrived home safely.

Lesley has gone to pick Ronald up from the airport - I think the plane was delayed as there was a crash at New York airport & there is also heavy snow. I’ll be glad when he’s home as I feel safer when I know he’s next door when I’m here alone.

I am busy sewing trying to make a few extra rands. I sold R18 worth of chilies last week. We are going to house sit over Easter for 2 weeks & will be paid R20 a day – I really don’t want to do it, but my friend has pestered me to such an extent that I’ve given in, but what happens to our place?
Aunty Molly is in Perth I think they sent her ever to get her out of the way while they clear the house out.

Good news I’ve just honed the doctor & he doesn’t think that Dad has cancer – he didn’t see any signs of it, bit has sent it off to the pathologist.

                                Tons of love to each one of you, XXXXXXXXXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment