Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 14.10.1994

From Merrivale
14.10.1994


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

I thought I must stop work & write, as I don’t know when I’ll get another chance.
Neal & Vanessa just popped in on their way to Durban & left Byron with me & Wesley with Lesley they fight if they are together.

Dad is working at Lionel’s factory – we decided to run the factory & let Lionel go with Debbie, Sheila & kids to the caravan for 10 days – we will go on Monday then to jenny then to Newcastle to Aunty Yvonne & Uncle Alf for 3 days then back to Jenny’s & Jim’s for the week – then home for aa week before we’re off to Southbroom.

I’ve been busy sewing & baking ,so today I went & fetched Debbie’s girl to come & clean the house & I think I have done as much as she has in the house, I gave our bedroom a spring clean – cleaned all the cupboards etc. then washed all the dishes as she doesn’t wash dishes very well, but excellent in everything else.

I have just made 7 bottles of strawberry jam (strawberries are cheap & plentiful at the moment) & 5 bottles of plum jam – made fish cakes from the grunter I caught in Durban & an Irish stew.
The weather has been too awful – hardly any rain, but cold & misty & it was actually snowing here on Monday. Debbie says they have had beautiful weather & have gone on some lovely hikes at royal National.

All the rest of the family are well – the kids go back to school on Monday after a 12 day break. Cheryl Walters & family will be in Melbourne over Xmas & would like to see you all. She is a lovely girl & has a nice husband & 2 kids.

                Must close,
                Tons of love from  XXXXXXXXXX

                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment