Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 13.3.1994

From Merrivale
13.3.1994

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Well Alan how did the cricket go ???? Ha! Ha! We really gave you chaps a hiding. Maybe it was our one moment of glory. It’s a beautiful day here today we have been having beautiful very hot mornings & a storm in the afternoon. The Besters have gone to the caravan for the weekend.

I have got Sherry & Wesley staying for the weekend. Ron & Les have gone to Durban. Ronald had a fabulous time in America & did 1000 miles gas $1 a gallon. Wesley is playing in a cricket match that’s why he’s here. Last weekend I had 8 staying 4 Smiths 3 Besters & Regan. This weekend Regan has gone home. We really had a good weekend but by Monday it was finished. I made the kids everything they asked for like toffee apples – popcorn & fudge biscuits. On Sunday Ronald, Les & all the kids spent the day at Midmar water skiing, Nicky wasn’t to be outdone so Ronald towed him on a surf board behind the boat. Regan said it was the best weekend he had had since the day the whole family went to Water World.

Dad is home & feeling very well, but driving me mad as he is supposed to take things easy for a while & I keep finding him sawing down trees & climbing up ladders. I wanted to go to the caravan for a week to have a good rest, but Dad’s not keen at all so guess we will stay put.  We are house sitting for a friend over Easter & I am not looking forward to it at all – but at least we will get paid.
I’ve just phoned Sheila & they are all well – she is going to take leave in April & we will go down & stay with her & have a ball.

We went fishing on Thursday morning & I caught about a 6 kg barbell so it was quite a thrill as it put up a fight – I let it go afterwards.

I suppose Melissa is in Brisbane now. I was very impressed with the girls playing performances at the concert. We have only watched the video so far.

                Tons of love to you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment