Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 18.4.94

From Merrivale
18.4.94

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Just thought I must write tonight as I don’t know when I’ll get another her chance.
I am on a money making spree – so I am busy sewing & knitting & making chutney to sell. I sold 4 of those sewing /cotton / pincushions yesterday to a friend. I put my stuff in a shop in Hilton & the lady sells for me then takes off her commission – I made R50 last month so I am replenishing my stocks at the moment.

Sheila has been on the verge of a nervous breakdown due to the Lumgairs. …… had the cheek to phone Sheila & tell her she must sell her house & divorce her brother – they make me sick they have nothing to do & all day to do it, so interfere in each other’s lives all the time, they have given Trevor Lumgair such a hard time because he has a girl friend, Neal got it from a dizzy height from me as he sided with the Lumgairs, anyway ….. had the grace to phone & apologise to Sheila & …. also apologized to Ronald.

Tomorrow Debbie & I are going to Mooi River to the textile factory as they are having a fantastic sale 25% off all fabrics. Jonathon has been & is still very sick. Matthew is too adorable, he is such a loving child.

We spent last weekend between Jenny & the Besters at their caravan. their craven is parked at such a lovely place overlooks the amphitheater, there is a swimming pool , a tennis court, a trampoline, a tearoom & they organize something everyday for everyone, if one wants to join in.

The Collighams are all well & had a full hotel as it was the Bergville to Ladysmith run last weekend.  I am still swimming it is still very hot in the 30’s during the day, but very dry at the moment. Well my wrist is packing in at the moment so I will have to close.

                                Tons of love to each of you,
                                Dad, Mum & family.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment