Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 20.1.1994

From Merrivale
20.1.1994


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

At last I have managed to get some air letter cards & to write to you – it’s now 8 p. m. & I have only just finished in the kitchen – I have put cauliflower out of Lionel’s garden & baby marrows out of mine in the deepfreeze & made 6 batches of fig jam from figs kindly given to me.
I shall be glad when the Bester family come home as we’ve found it quite a strain running backwards & forwards to their house all the time.

The Hayes were here for 4 days & we spent   a day up the north coast & a day on the Midlands Meander. It was very hot for the last few days with a storm each afternoon.
I went to a friend’s place today & got a whole lot of strawberry plants & I have managed to plant 15 so far.

Daddy is very sick at the moment with gastro & my arthritis is crippling me, I’ve been to the hospital & it was a black woman doctor & she was lovely & ever so helpful. Daddy goes back into hospital on the 28th February. Sheila is not at all well since she had her hysterectomy, I wish I could wish her away to the Bester’s caravan for a holiday on her own.  This letter seems to be full of all our ails – anyway the rest of the family are all well…..

Well I’m going to sign off now as I’m finished.

                                Tons of love to you all, XXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family, XXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment