Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 20.9.1994

From Merrivale
20.9.1994

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

First of all very many happy returns of the day Alan. I suppose things have settled down by now & that your lives have returned to normal.

You will be pleased to hear Dad has got a clean bill of health, only has to go back in 6 months’ time now – we were over the moon – he went into hospital unexpectedly last week & they did a review & everything was clear.

Spring is on its way although we haven’t had any rain since the beginning of August – I have really gone to town on the vegetable garden as we can now water from the dam. I am going in for chilies in a very big way & hope to make some cash – as I am determined if Melissa is in the Olympics I’ll be there. I have just made 24 of those cards I make with the little girl in her bonnet, I just said today it’s  a hard way to make  a bit of money as each one takes over ½ hour to make & I sell them at R3:50 each. Uncle Alf & Aunty Yvonne Page have been this morning. They have been so good to Jenny. We are going to spend a few days with them in the October school holidays.

Aunty Joan Smallman phoned & asked us to say congratulations to Melissa from them – she was with us the day Melissa was born & she says she remembers me saying that Melissa would do big things. We are going to Durban on Thursday for Sheila’s birthday & I’ll bake her a cake & make her a nice dinner. On Friday night Meloney is having a farewell braai at the Fynland Angling Club, so I’ll enjoy that, both Meloney & Angela have been transferred to Cape Town. Steven Holt & his family are there also your cousin Diane & her family. I hear from them occasionally & Mike du Preey phones sometimes. We haven’t heard from Hilda for a while.

Must close now. Tons of love to you all XXXXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment