Sunday 19 February 2017

From Melbourne

From Melbourne


Dear Melissa and Jolene,

                                I wonder if you could help me when you write your next letter to me.  I don’t know whether Alan has told you or not but I have an awful habit of buying books. I buy lots of books mostly for the kindergarten and I can’t remember which I have sent you. Could you please tell me the names of the books I have sent you so I do not send the same ones again. There are not very many good Australian books for children like you so I don’t want to send the wrong ones.

                It will not be long till Christmas and I suppose you are both going to the next grade at school. Don’t forget to send a copy of your reports when you get them we have still got the reports you sent us last year.  We like to look at them and see what you can do.

                Ina few minutes I will be leaving here because Brownies will be starting. Melissa have you got a photo of yourself in your uniform. It should be the same as the one they wear here.  I know the Brownie leader here very well.

                How are you looking after your mother now that she has a lot to do. When the climate is so hot it makes it a lot harder for your mother to do everything. I hope you help her when you come home from school.

                When the children at the kindergarten see a baby they nearly always want their mother to get them a baby but their mothers mostly say they have enough children. You are lucky to be getting a baby in your family. Lots of people here just can’t afford to have more babies because everything costs so much.

                Nobody has five children like we had. I think it is good to have more children even though they cost a lot of money.

                                                Love from Grandma
               

               
               


No comments:

Post a Comment