Sunday 19 February 2017

From Melbourne 7.4.86

From Melbourne
7.4.86

Dear Alan, Lorna, Melissa and Jolene,
                                                Mum has just rung to tell me the good news of Stacey’s birth.  It sounds like everything went well. And what a short labour!! Mine went for at least 18 hours and all of Mum’s were very long.

                I am sure Melissa and Jolene would be thrilled.

                I am expecting a baby in November which also makes a big gap between babies_ 1979-1986 too.

                I don’t feel as sick as I did with Benjamin. In fact I hardly feel sick at all. The biggest difference is that I am enormous compared to the same time with Ben. I can hardly fit into any of my clothes. I have only put on about 1 kg and have lost weight from my legs and arms. My belly looks about 4 months.

                I have booked into St Andrews Hospital which is where Alan and Pamela were born. I will probably stop work in October.

                On Saturday Dennis and I went to Bozenka’s wedding (you may remember her, Alan – Millo’s sister).

                After the wedding which was at Sunbury Dennis and I went to Mt Macedon to look for Halley’s comet.

                It is still hard, without a telescope , to see anything – next weekend should be better.

                Some of us teachers from school might borrow the school’s telescope and go up to Mt Macedon later in the week.

                I don’t have much news really – I go to school each day, Dennis goes to work and Benjamin goes to school which he seems to enjoy.

                The busy time will come after the baby is born!

                Congratulations on the birth of Stacey

                                                                                Love Anne, Dennis and Ben XXXX
PS           I will be sending a present when I find something special.  Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment