Sunday 19 February 2017

From Melbourne 21.5.86

From Melbourne
21.5.86

Dear Alan, Lorna, Melissa, Jolene & Stacey
                                                                                                A big thank you Alan to your letter. I have just read the ones you sent Mum and I love the line, “Stacey is the boss of everything”. It is a real classic and shows that you have quickly learnt what babies are all about!

                We also saw the photographs and she looks lovely. I am sorry the present is so late but I didn’t have time until the school holidays in May. The koala bear we found in Coles in the city and Ben picked out the bibs because they have an Australian touch to them.

                If we sound excited it is because your children are the only nieces or nephews we have. Dennis’s brothers and sisters have produced no offspring so far and it looks very unlikely in the future.

                 Therefore your children are the only first cousins Ben has and he talks about them often.

                I have enclosed two photographs taken when Mum had a blackberrying day at Trentham and invited up the Baptist Church.

                The other photo includes Dad and Ben on the end. In the middle are two boys – the tall one is Daniel and the short one is Matthew. They are Ben’s playmates from across the road. (They are David and Geesje’’s kids – you will know who I mean Alan).

                You will notice that the gum trees are not thick as they used to be due to being burnt on Ash Wednesday.

                The rest of the people I don’t know because Dennis and I go to a church over in Essendon, and these people are from the Baptist Church.

                If you ever come across a wooden crocodile like what Mum bought in South Africa Ben would love one.  He has got his eyes on it! And I will send some presents for the girls in exchange.

                I am very well though November seems such a long way away. I am planning to knit a white shawl as I have been given little jumpers and jackets already.

                I hope you are well and that Stacey is ‘behaving’ herself,

                                                                           Love Anne, Dennis and Benjamin XXXXXXXXXXX






No comments:

Post a Comment