Friday 22 September 2017

From Merrivale 30.4.1993

From Merrivale
30.4.1993

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Thanks Lorna for the phone call – hope you enjoyed your birthday sorry I wasn’t at Debbie’s when she phoned you.

We have only got a car going so my wings have been clipped – I didn’t really mind, but here are times when one does need a car especially where we are.

We are picking Regan up from school tomorrow & taking him home we will spend the weekend with Jenny – then we ae going to meet with the Hayes at Lionel & Debbie’s caravan & we will be staying there 5 days. Debbie & Lionel will take Regan back to boarding school. The hotel seems to be doing O.K. they were fully booked for Easter & again last weekend for the Bergville to Ladysmith race.

I told you Neal had bought a small arm – Dad & I think he is quite mad , as at every protest meeting by the kaffirs they always sing “Kill a boer  a day” “Kill a farmer a day “they have been hauled over the coals about it. A woman in Debbie’s street was murdered yesterday – things are really bad here at the moment & stupid de Klerk does nothing but apologise to the kaffirs – all the whites I know are getting fed up with the way they are allowed to carry on, & they are causing more hatred.

We had lovely rains for a couple of days, but now summer seems to be over – we were really lucky as we had a long summer.

I have got the fibre glass to do the back – now I just need poles & some iron, I just wish it were up. Eric Jones is going to do it for me.

I made new curtains for my bedroom today & everything went wrong I must have unpicked them a dozen times, anyway they are now hung.

I had a super weekend with Sheila – she & I get on so well & think alike. I spent all Saturday morning on the beach then we went to the cemetery, then to visit Aunty Myrtle, they are all well.  Well no more news.

                Tons of love to you all from,

                                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment