Saturday 16 September 2017

From Merrivale 17.9.92

From Merrivale
17.9.92

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

This is just going to be a quick letter – we are off to Durban tomorrow for 2 weeks to look after Neal’s kids, while Vanessa & Melanie fly to Cape Town for 2 weeks to visit Angela. I bet she finds it hard with no one to palm her kids off on all the time, I can’t believe Melanie as she is not taking Chase as it would cost another R250 to take him so he is staying with Gordon’s mum. The Lumgiar girls spend their lives visiting each other & do nothing else. Vanessa is still having therapy.

I’ve got Nicky here for the 2nd time this week as Debbie first of all had to go & have a scan now she is at the dentist. He is a real darling & I love having him except that I am so busy getting ready to go to Durbs tomorrow. I take him to the dam everytime he comes & he loves it – today it is too miserable so I sat him on my chair & gave him a bowl of popcorn, marmite toast & tea & only now has he come through to talk to me.

Lesley has just rushed over Ronald has cut his head open at work & she has got to rush him into the Dr for stitches. Sherry has to keep her plaster on her foot for another week – it is still sore.

Poor old Tam-lyn phoned last night in tears as she tries so hard at school & hasn’t done too well, but she is having trouble with her hearing aid & needs another one for her other ear as well.

Sheila is still having trouble with Ronald & they are both going to counselling – I think she should kick him out. Donovan behaved so badly about going back to school weekend before last that Debbie & I wouldn’t have him here last weekend so Lesley took him for the weekend. He always plays poor old Sheila up & of course Bum wasn’t around to help her.

My wrist is giving up the ghost so I will have to stop writing. I have made a dress a day for the last 9 days all with embroidered aprons so have made a very little money. R10 per dress.

Beselina & Elliot have had a fight & he hit her so now she does not work & he says he will divorce her.

                Tons of love to each of you from

                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment