Friday 22 September 2017

From Merrivale 15.12.93

From Merrivale
15.12.93



Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

I can’t believe how the time is flying only 10 more days to Xmas & I am still busy trying to wrap & finish all my presents. Jenny passed all her exams & now has her B/Music – we were so proud of her had we have been here at the farm we would have got in the ca r & taken a bottle of champagne & gone up to her in Bergville.  They called in today on their way to the coast for a few days so we drank a toast at 10am this morning. She said I must tell you that Tam-lyn laughs just like you & that everytime she hears Tam-lyn laughing, she thinks of you. Tam-lyn cam first in class. Wesley was made Deputy Head Boy of Bushlands & Taryn got a certificate for diligence – she really is a honey.   
I can’t believe how much Debbie looks like you & Jonathon looks like Melissa.

We went to the flea market on the Bluff & I must have bumped into just about everybody I knew, so I really had a god time. I met Momma Steele she sends her love & says she is still waiting for a letter from you – she has a very good looking sun.

We enjoyed our stay in Durban but it was very very hot – we went to Addington beach twice just after 5 am & it was so lovely.

I have been writing & phoning around for air fares & I am just waiting for replies.
The whole family are coming here for Xmas hope the weather is good.

Had Debby’s kids & Clinton here all day & we swam all morning then went down to the dam with “paddle me” for a picnic lunch.

I am running so short of time as Vanessa & the boys are coming on Sunday & I want to go to Durban again on Friday & Sheila & I are going to sell hot-dogs & hamburgers down at the bay on Saturday as they are having a Millon Rand competition for the winner of the tagged fish – so we thought we would give it a bash & see if we can make a few bucks.  Well the paper & my wrist have given up so will close.

                                Tons of love from,



XXXXXXXXXXXX  Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment