Friday 22 September 2017

From Merrivale 13.6.1993

From Merrivale
13.6.1993


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Dad was so pleased to get your phone call last Sunday, but what about me, not even a hello!!!
It is bitterly cold & I am sitting outside under the fibre glass & it is quite warm, but I’m also dressed very warmly. I have just got back from church.

Dad came home on Friday they took 3 polyps off of his bladder & he had tubes in & out of him for a couple of days & it was quite sore – he is feeling much better but is still uncomfortable.

I’m thinking we should go to Durban tomorrow for a week – we have had some of the worst snow falls in years – the weather was up to 31 C &32 C then suddenly the cold struck with vengeance.
Beselina is driving me mad wish I could sack her & do my own work but I know if I do I won’t get anything else done. anyway she is going on 3 weeks leave so we shall see after that even Elliot is getting white he disappeared for 2 hours without telling me & I was alone here with Deb’s 3 kids & I just didn’t know what was going on & when I spoke to him he just laughed & said the Minister had come 7 he had gone off with him.

Lesley is going into hospital this week for a hysterectomy.  Regan is here for the weekend last weekend he bought home a black friend. We went to watch Tam-lyn playing netball at Howick High she is shooter & very good – but the Africans really put heart & soul in the game & beat the white kids.

Mr Montague died last Saturday aged 72 he had cancer but didn’t suffer at all. I think he died of a heart attack after an operation for cancer.

                Well must close now,

                Tons of love from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

                Dad, Mum & family


No comments:

Post a Comment