Saturday 16 September 2017

From Merrivale 15.5.92

From Merrivale
15.5.92


Dear Lorna, Alan & Girls,

This is just a few lines as I always feel guilty if I don’t write every week.  We are off to Durban again tomorrow for the weekend. We are going to fetch Neal & he & Dad will get on with Lionel’s building alterations next week. We took Neal home last Saturday & the Besters came too for the weekend & what a lovely weekend the weather is still very hot  mid 30’s here at the moment & the seas is so warm. We have been going to Addington Beach & it is super for the little kids as the waves are so small & the big boys surf. We also sometimes walk to the North Pier & see what’s going on there.
We have looked after the Bester kids 4 nights this week they are very good but I find it very tiring as they all want my attention all the time. Last night we watched “The King & I” on TV & we all enjoyed it.

I am busy baking cakes at the moment to take to Durban, I am also very very busy knitting jerseys for everyone for their birthdays. I was busy doing some sewing for Sherry today & my machine played up so much that tomorrow morning first thing it’s going in for a service & is Dad moaning but I don’t care as I sew every day & I must have a machine that sews properly.

We seem to have been inundated with visitors we seem to have people here all the time.

Dad was very sick last week & had me very worried but he is fine again. He had an abscess on his tooth & it had to be taken out. Now he has to go to hospital on the 1st June & have a Terigima taken off his eye he will be in hospital for a few days & it comes right in the middle of our 2 weeks holiday at Margate – so we will go down for 4 days come home & then go back once Dad is feeling O.K. I will have to drive for the next 6 weeks, which is not a bad thing.

Donovan has just phoned & asked me to take him out for the afternoon & it is 3 p.m.  So I asked him if he had lost his marbles. He is not happy at boarding school & hasn’t any friends. I keep telling him he will only get out of life what he puts into life.

Ronald has just traded his Kombi in for a 2nd hand ford. Sheila hasn’t been well at all, they are doing extensive alterations to their house.

Tons of love Dad & Mum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment