Saturday 16 September 2017

From Merrivale 11.10.92

From Merrivale
11.10.92


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Its ages since I last wrote but I have been busy looking after the grandchildren. They are all very good, but eat like horses & I spend my whole day cooking for them. while I was in Durban I cooked for both Sheila & Neal & did we eat well as one day Sheila would provide the where with all & the next day Neal, so we landed up having 2 roasts a week & eating rump steak. Sheila & her family except for Ronald are mostly vegetarian.

Jenny’s kids have just gone home – also Neal, Vanessa & boys. Sheila’s kids didn’t come as Angela came up from Cape Town & they stayed with her to help her look after her little girl also Melanie’s. I really enjoyed having everyone here as we went to Midmar twice & I made a potjie each day – Thursday it rained all day so the kids watched videos all day & I made popcorn & toffee apples – now the kids say I must open a shop & they will sell all the cakes & sweets I make.

Dad (TV addict) is busy watching “Beyond 2000” he won’t miss it for anything & moans like a stuck pig if there is sport on & they don’t show it. My wrist is playing up & I am having a job writing this letter. I have just made 4 pairs of baggies & a skirt.

I have just come back from making supper & it has given my wrist a chance. It doesn’t affect my knitting at all.  We had lovely soaking rain & my vegetable seeds have all come through – I thought I had lost them all. I have painted the pool, will only fill it when I come home from Southbroom.
We are going to Jenny on Tuesday to look after the kids for her while she is writing her final examinations. On the 30th we are going to Vereeniging for Gary’s wedding, then from there we are going with the Hayes to Southbroom for a much needed holiday. Richard Page is getting married in December but I don’t think we will be able to make that wedding. The kids all caught fish at Midmar so were very excited. Don’t mind my jumping around. Must close now as my back is now playing up, I’m a real old crock.

Tons of love to you all from,

Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment