Saturday 16 September 2017

From Merrivale 15.2.92

From Merrivale
15.2.92

Dear Alan & Lorna & Girls,

This is going to be short & not too sweet unfortunately.  Uncle Stan died on the 7th February & the funeral was on Wednesday. I went into hospital on Sunday 9th & was operated on on Monday – they did both legs & I am really laid up as I am strapped up from the groin to my toes in 3-4 layers of bandages & elastic stocking in this heat wave – you know what I’m like & I have to be like this until the 25th February. Lesley is cooking for us & I have to ask Daddy for everything else so I am not very happy & in a bit of pain as well as I am very swollen from the cuts in the groin & I am only allowed to lie down or walk around not sit – but I am sitting to write this letter – so you won’t hear from me again until they remove the bandages.

Daddy, Neal & Sheila went to the funeral – Aunty Kay is staying with Aunty Norah until she makes up her mind what she wants to do!

All the family seem to be well. I haven’t heard from dosey Jenny I phoned her from hospital & she says “Why are you phoning from a public call box???”
I had so many visitors yesterday – they all spoilt me brought me cakes & flowers & I have had so many phone calls.

Today dosey Debbie sends her 3 over while she takes 3 hours to cook lunch for us all at her house & brings it over, but her heart is in the right place. Daddy took Nicky fishing in the dam & he caught his first fish so was very excited. Fay needs to be entertained at all time & Jonathon is so independent I never see him when he comes he disappears with Clinton. Donovan continues to hassle Sheila over boarding school & Sherry drives Lesley mad over boys but they are very strict with her. Must close & go & lie down.

                                Tons of love from
                                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment