Saturday 24 December 2016

From Melbourne : 22.7.85

From Melbourne
22.7.85

Dear Alan,
                I thought it was about time I wrote to you again. I hope life is treating you well in RSA.
                I’ve just spent the past 2 months doing a locum up here in the Pilbra. I’m in Pannavomca which is a small iron mining town about 100 km from Karratha. I did a weeks work in the surgery in Karratha that Neville Corbett used to own. It has since been sold to a young graduate who knows fuck-all about running a dental practice….& he’s got 4 of them to run!

                Anyway I’ve had a bloody good time here & the weathers been a damn sight better than that I would have had to endure in Melb. At this time of year.

                I’m oft to London on Wed next week (31st) and am looking forward to it (at last).

                I’ve managed to save a few $ now & will  only work if I really have to or if I feel inclined … right now I don’t feel inclined.

                I’ve no fucking idea how long I’ll spend in the UK. It will depend on how I enjoy it.  I’ll keep in touch with you as there is a good chance that I will visit RSA +/- Zimbabwe sometime in the near future.

                                                Wishing you well you old barstard,
                                                                                                                                CJ


No comments:

Post a Comment