Saturday 24 December 2016

From Melbourne 17.9.85

From Melbourne
17.9.85

Dear Melissa and Jolene,
                                The other day I was shopping and I saw some children playing with some pot-holders. They were having a wonderful game with them so I had a look at them. They were all different animals but two of them were a hippopotamus and a crocodile. You are getting a bit big to play with them but you are old enough to make up some plays about the animals and then you can put on a performance for your friends. I don’t think you had better put them on water but you could paint a picture of the river and make the puppets talk.

                You most likely can think of better ideas of what to do than I can.

                One day you will have a younger brother or sister to play with but that will be a little while. How do you like the idea? I know a little boy who got a little baby sister last week. He was always telling me he didn’t like girls and he wouldn’t play with them. Now he has a sister he has decided that girls are alright when they are in your own family.

                How are you getting on in school? I hope you are both doing well and have some good friends to play with. It’s good to have some friends even if you don’t always like the work you are doing at school. You ask your mum and dad I bet they didn’t like everything they had to do at school. But still everybody needs to go to school to learn and most of the time it is good fun.

                Have a good time using the puppets and next time you write tell me some of the games you play at school and home. I think they might be the same as the children play here.

                                                                                Love from Grandma
Don’t forget to give Alan a kiss for his birthday.
You should get this before it.

                 



No comments:

Post a Comment