Saturday 16 September 2017

From Merrivale : 24.7.92

From Merrivale
24.7.92


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

I am just about to get back into the car & go back to Durban. We came home on Tuesday with Vanessa & boys plus Angelina’s baby Jade who nearly drove Vanessa mad as she is so spoilt never sleeps & won’t be put down & at 10 months old is still fed 3 hurly. Angela & Andrew leave for Cape Town next week & is Angela in for a rude awakening & she won’t have anyone to palm her kids off on. I really enjoyed my stay in Durban – went to the beach every day & it was really hot 27 C everyday & yesterday it was 30 C in P.M.Burg.

Tomorrow we are going to spend the day with the Hayes at Southbroom then going to Margate where we have 3 cottages at Vila del Sol. One for the Smiths one for the Besters & one for friends of Neal & Sheila & family are also coming down for a few days.

Daddy has been very busy helping Neal, but he never seems to get paid nor Neal & Neal is talking about giving up his good job & starting his own business & I am dead against it as Neal is too soft & also the economy of the country is very bad. Next week the kaffirs are going on strike again for 3 days & then going to converge on all major cities & bring everything to a standstill – I am really glad you are out of this country at the moment. In P.M.Burg the ANC drive around with a coffin on the roof of their car & a banner saying “Death to FW De Klerk & the Nationalist Government”

I came home to prune all the fruit trees & fertilize & water them & I have done that. I bought Taryn & Jema home with me, they are really good kids & Taryn a real darling. I took Sherry to Durban for 10 days & she was a real joy. Clinton is in Bergville with Jenny & having a ball. The rest of the family are all well. Must close now.

                                Tons of love    XXXXX

                                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment