Friday 22 September 2017

From Merrivale 18.9.1993

From Merrivale
18.9.1993

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Well its ages since I last wrote & lots of water under the bridge.  First of all did you ever get my birthday parcel & George his book on South Africa? Also where are my photos that I left behind & you were sending on?

Thank goodness Neal & Vanessa move out next week. I think I would have gone mad had they stayed any longer nine months is a long time & no one could believe how lazy Vanessa is – she is incapable of disciplining the boys – they never eat anything healthy & never do homework & there room is like a pig sty, but despite this they seem to be very healthy & do extremely well at school. This week I had as much as I could take of all of them Daddy included, so I didn’t say a word to anyone & I took myself off to a chalet at Midmar for a night & thoroughly enjoyed myself doing what I wanted to for 36 hours.  I did phone Debbie & she & Lionel & the kids came out for supper , then when they got home they phoned Dad & told him where I was – the grandchildren think it a hugh joke that Nana ran  away from home – Elliot says to me I am like a child like Donovan running away.

We took Regan home last weekend & spent a lovely weekend with Jenny & family. The hotel is doing extremely well fully booked until end of December.

We are on the go-go again off to Durban on Tuesday for Shelia’s birthday (happy birthday Alan too) then Friday when school breaks up we are taking Taryn & Jenna & Regan to Bergville for the weekend then on Monday we are going to Debbie’s caravan at Hlatatini  for the week then back to Durban then down to Southbroom until Daddy goes back to hospital on the 18th for another test as they say that the tumors they removed were cancer related so he has to have regular check-ups & is actually on the emergency list for a bad so he may be able to go before the 18th October.

All the rest of the family are well. We are just off to a fun day at Laddsworth School, Johnny @ Fay’s school , but the weather is miserable & still no rain we are getting quite desperate, but still have a fair amount in the dam.

How are the children? No more space.

                                Tons of love from, XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

                                Dad, Mum & family




No comments:

Post a Comment