Saturday 29 October 2016

From Melbourne (colleague) 26.6.84

From Melbourne
26.6.84

Dear Alan,
                                You old bugger. We thought you were lost in some African wilderness for good. Actually me and GC thought you might have got married & didn’t want to let us know due to a certain bet (actually Dr C is going to tie the knot soon so we’ll be in the money…that is unless you are already married?)

                I hope you are enjoying work & life in RSA. I suppose you must as you’ve been there a few years now. I’m still working in Melbourne & bored shitless with it; I’m doing three jobs adding up to a full week BUT I’m getting the inspiration to travel; thus this letter. I am going to England eventually (after planning to do so for the past 4 ½ years … actually my passport will expire soon @ I’ve been nowhere!)

                But in addition to this I am interested in doing a 3-6 locum in Africa. I considered Zimbabwe but cannot find out anything about it in Australia as they have no ambassadors etc here! What do you know about it? How politically stable or unstable is it? Etc. Also how is the work situation in RSA do you think I would be able to find a 3-6 months locum position? Can you get your money out of the country if required? If you can provide me with any info I would be most grateful.

                I see fuck all of anybody from our year & I guess you care less about them. I see GC quite often @ is now finished his masters @ in private practice… still a womaniser & a pisshound. I see JC occasionally (@get pissed when I do) he is getting pissed off with work at Altona (yes! he’s still at it) & talking about visiting the UK next year … he’s even looked after a  few practices here in Melb. But has not come close to buying yet. Most other people are (a) married (b) have kids (c) bought practices @ (d) are now bloody bores. Actually about ½ our year have gone back to do Masters now. Enough on those turds. Dentistry in Vic is fucked: too many dentists vs fuck all patients. I saw 5 patients today!  

                These days I spend my time getting drunk or going scuba diving. I’m trying to kill myself by getting heavily into cave diving at MT Gambier. BUT all in all I’m pissed & looking forward to a change. I am waiting for a job offer from PNG as well …. Waiting for 6 months that is. I am registered up there but have to wait until they can afford to employ someone … which is not going to happen soon with their latest border problems with Indonesia.

                Hope this finds you in good health & hope to hear from you soon,

                                                                                Best wishes you shit,   CJ

                

No comments:

Post a Comment