Saturday 29 October 2016

From Melbourne (Anne) 28.8.84

From Melbourne
28.8.84


Dear Lorna,
                                Thank you very much for writing to Mum and Dad and enclosing photos of Melissa and Jolene. Benjamin saw the photographs and understands that they are his cousins.

                He wrapped up some of his old toys and wanted to send them to the girls. But I won’t let him send “junk“  to them.

                Instead I have enclosed some photos of Benjamin. I haven’t any current ones. The current ones are in my camera! I was going to take lots of photos these holidays but his face is all puffed-up with suspected mumps.

                I have spent most of the school holidays at home because he has been sick and also because it has been so wet.

                I work full-time as a Maths-Science teacher in a technical school i.e. the students are aged 11 -18 years old. It is a “rough” area where I teach but I enjoy it most of the time.

                My friend who lives across the road, Geesje minds Benjamin during the day and takes him to kindergarten. 

                Next year in February her son Daniel and Benjamin start school which is a milestone in anybody’s life! I find it hard to believe that my son is that old – His first years have gone so quickly.

                Benjamin will be 5 on the 28th September. On the 29th September we have the footy Grand Final which is   a big event in Melbourne. The final five i.e. those whose play off in the finals is still undecided.

                I live in St Albans with my husband Dennis and Benjamin. We live about 6 miles from Mum and Dad.

                We also have a black and white cat called Puss-Puss.  She is about 6 years old. And we also have a pure bred Cardigan Corgi – she is mainly black with touches of white and tan. Her name is “Joey” and she is the best natured pet I ever had. She is very quiet and only barks when there is reason to. She is absolutely devoted to my husband and follows him everywhere.

                I hope that Lorna you don’t find this letter too boring as there is no news in it. It sort of just introduces my family and I.

                I hope all is well with you, Alan, Melissa and Jolene,
                                                                                                                         Love from Anne.
                P.S. I am Alan’s eldest sister.  I will be 30 on the 31st December this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment