Sunday 7 August 2016

From Melbourne (Mum) : 15.11.82

From Melbourne
15.11.82

Dear Alan,
                                I haven’t written for several weeks firstly because nothing much has been happening here and secondly I thought there might have been a letter from you that I could reply to. The only thing that has happened was that I got rich. I think I mentioned that I lost my voice for several day.  Funny thing was I didn’t feel in the least bit sick but a week later I couldn’t move my neck for several day. It was really stiff. Ralph @ Noeline were at our place one night last week @ exactly the same thing happened to Ralph. Lost his voice a week later a stiff neck. Goodness knows what we had wasn’t much point going to a doctor he would have just said I had a virus going around.

Nothing more happened @ I seem alright now. Lois was down last week but wasn’t home much. Did see a little of her. Pam was home this weekend @ went to the Organ Pipes. Her and Bev went on a demonstration through Melbourne by the British Biologist David Belamy to try and stop the Tasmanian Government from damming the Franklin River in the South West of the state.  I don’t think the State Government will take any notice but the demonstrators might make the Federal Government intervene. It has been very quiet here politically Fraser is in hospital having an operation for his back so everything seemed to have stopped.

                The weather has been so dry we went to Trentham on Saturday and very little of the grass needed cutting. There is nothing in any of the paddocks. We still have water from the bore. We had to come home early so Dad could see the last hour of the first test on the TV from Perth. Pamela, Beverley and Clare (Pamela’s friend) were all watching it when we got home. It seem there was a brawl and one of our players was hurt. Some English spectators came on to the ground. Everyone was a bit disgusted and on Sunday no one was allowed to bring any alcohol into the ground. Everyone was peaceful on Sunday.

                I can’t leave the kindergarten yet it is just pouring with rain. Has been most of the afternoon so the gardens and paddocks should look a bit better. It doesn’t look as if it is stopping I will just have to get wet. I didn’t bring a coat.

                                                Love from Mum



No comments:

Post a Comment