Sunday 7 August 2016

From Melbourne (Anne) 12.7.82

From Melbourne
12.7.82


Dear Alan,
                I hope your present job goes much better than your last job. It is the middle of winter here and very cold especially in the morning. I often have ice on my car in the morning. The days are nice though and we have had very little rain. The MMBW are predicting shortages in the summer unless some extensive rain comes. What’s the weather like were you are?

                 Our corgi pup Joey is nearly 6 months old and due to have her operation soon so that she won’t have pups. I think I told you in the last letter that Humprey was killed by a car.

                Geesje’s eldest son Daniel will be three tomorrow and Ben is going to his party. Ben is growing up fast and will be three on the 28th of September. He is a real boy now and plays a lot with cars and trucks and talks very well and is sometimes very noisy. He also plays with soft toys like his teddy and put them to bed etc.

                Work is going well at Tottenham Tech. I took 12 boys on my first excursion last Thursday. They played maths games and puzzles against kids from other schools (including private schools) at FIT. They were the best behaved they have ever been. They played on computers as well as doing written games.  Our school is getting computers (about $12000 worth) so I will have to do courses to learn how to use them, so that I can teach the kids to use them.


                Love Anne XXXXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment