Sunday 7 August 2016

From Ladysmith : 5.11.82

From Ladysmith
5.11.82


Dear Mum
                                Nkosi sikelel i Africa roughly translates as “God bless Africa”. It is the name of the black national anthem and they used to close all meetings in Soweto by standing and singing this song. I can’t imagine any of the blacks singing the official National anthem which I have never heard.

                They did show the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games on the TV news followed by a report on aboriginal demonstrations. It’s very predictable.

                A while ago I even sent some Christmas presents over. If you want you can sort them out as you please. I think I left the price on one of the books.

                                Regards Alan




No comments:

Post a Comment