Sunday 5 November 2017

From Merrivale 6.9.1995

From Merrivale
6.9.1995

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

You will be surprised to see we are still at home we were on our way to Vereeniging stopped at Bergville for the weekend & Uncle Brian phoned………..

Debbie’s new place is really out of this world – I keep taking all my friends to see it. the garden is very overrun as the old couple who had it did all their own work on 2 acres, but just about every square inch with flowers – they do have a very small bit of lawn they must have every different color azalea in singles, doubles, miniatures, hose in hose & you name it & they are all in full bloom plus all the magnolias & gardenias plus all the bedding plants & a vegetable garden. Lionel has already sold R5000 worth of clivias & strelitzia & the garden is still full of clivias all in full bloom.

Sheila is talking of selling their place & getting a smaller place, the estate agent has told Sheila that they should get R275, 000 for it now they are keen to sell, but they’ll waste the money if they get that. I love Sheila dearly but they are always in debt, mainly due to Ronald, but Sheila also wastes money. Donovan’s still the same a proper Lumgair , won’t lift a finger to help Sheila, hasn’t got a job & is not looking & expects the best of everything. I really despair of him. I try talking nicely to him & end up getting myself all worked up & wanting to slap him, so I keep my distance from him, but I must say he is always polite.

Well that’s about all congratulations from all of us to Melissa please send press cuttings about her 7 golds as soon as possible as I am trying to get sponsored to go to Olympics by one of the banks.

                                Tons of love from, XXXXXXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family, XXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment