Sunday 5 November 2017

From Merrivale 2.7.1995

From Merrivale
2.7.1995

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Where does the time go? You would think that now that we are retired we would have time on our hands but no, I get so stressed out with all the work I try to do that I have even started to have panic attacks.

I made the mistake of making Byron a blanket coat for his birthday now everyone wants one, so far I have made about 5 & I still haven’t got one for myself. I also saw this lovely pattern for a sweater with a large panda bear holding 2 smaller panda bears & fell in love with it & have been making it for myself but what a business there are sometimes 7 balls of wool on the go & they have all got to be twisted around each other, thank goodness I am nearly finished & it looks too beautiful.

Sherry & Izan were married on the 22nd June (Sherry is not pregnant) & we had a lovely reception on Saturday night.  Izan had lost his job &his aunt in Saldana managed to get him a good job servicing fishing boats so that is why they got married so quickly & are now living in Saldana & Izan is already out at sea for 8 days, Sherry has found a house & is waiting for Izan to return to sign the lease on it – so far she seems very happy. There is a bitter wind blowing off the snow laden berg & I am wishing that winter was over.

We spent 10 magic days with Lionel, Debbie & kids at Margate I swam & John & Nicholas fished. Then we spent another lovely 10 days with Sheila & saw all our old friends.

Aunty Maureen & Uncle Brian just phoned.  Alan this is especially for you, who won the world cup for rugby? Here kom die Bokkie Hoorah!!! You can imagine the excitement & the parties afterwards. We can still see the Aussie & new Zealanders dust. Well lunch time so must away. What about you lazy girls writing to your grandparents sometime.

                Tons of love from, XXXXX
                Dad & Mum, XXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment