Sunday 5 November 2017

From Merrivale 1.8.1995

From Merrivale
1.8.1995

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

It has been a lovely hot summer day today & tonight we haven’t got jerseys on or a fire going. Jimmy bought us a second hand wood stove & dad took it apart & put it together again & we started it up today (now that winter is over) & I cooked a whole meal on it for us & the Ronald Smith.
Ronald. Les & Clinton went down to Veldrif near Saldanha to visit Sherry for a week & thoroughly enjoyed themselves – you know how Ronald loves the Cape.

I’ve not been well for over 10 days now with pain in my stomach & shivering , so I went to the Dr today & I have diverticulitis & have been put on tetracycline to try & clear it, but will most probably have to have an operation at some time. We are off to the Cape in 3 weeks’ time, so I have got to be well for that seeing how we have been so looking forward to this trip. I heard on the news that the flowers are already out & that it is going to be a bumper year, so hope they will still be out when we go.

We have had housefuls as Jenny & kids came, so Debbie & Neal & families came one day, then the next Sheila & family came up from Durban to spend some time with Jenny too.

I haven’t had a chance to do any sewing, so tonight I have cleaned the house & tomorrow as soon as I get out of bed I’ll be on the sewing machine – a friend bought me loads & loads of material today so that will keep me busy for some time to come.

People are so good to me you would be surprised how much material has been donated to me. Are the family well & the kids back at school? Please phone me as soon as you know how Melissa does in America & whether she is in the Olympics.

No more space.

                                Tons of love, XXXXXXXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family, XXXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment