Sunday 5 November 2017

From Canada 24.9.1995

Birthday Card
From Canada
24.9.1995

Dear Alan,

                How are things down under? Warming up? Not so here. The first frost has already reared its unwanted head. And today fog remains blanketing the river and valley.

                But that is only weather …right!

What happened with the football? Perhaps the final will be live on the TV as it was last year. I’ll have a look. I don’t care for the national sports here. Ice hockey and Canadian football. They can keep them.

                I’ll be working for Pam & George again this harvest in a week or so. Driving the grain truck and then preparing the ground for next year before the snow comes. Disking and chiseling. I am hoping that this work will give me enough money to go home this December for a short visit. That is all we will be able to manage.

                Reid is enjoying his new job and is learning every second of the day. Working for a large and profitable company has its advantages.

                We already have windows “95’ on our house-computer. It should make things easier but it is different from the old and I will have to familiarize myself with it.

                We had a little garden this year. I experimented with peppers despite local tradition.  It’s not the Mediterranean but we got a few and will bring some plants inside for the winter. Love to everybody,

take care
Beverley XOXOXO
                               



No comments:

Post a Comment