Monday 30 October 2017

From Merrivale 13.12.1994

From Merrivale
13.12.1994
Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Wonder if you will receive this letter before Xmas. I doubt it. I gave Cheryl all the Xmas & birthday presents. The doll’s furniture for Stacey for her birthday. I gave Cheryl yours & dot’s telephone numbers, I also sent Melissa a gold brooch that was presented to her great grandfather & we wanted her to have it, as we didn’t send her anything when she won her medal, please have a pin attached to it for her – it’s quite valuable so please keep it safe & phone as soon as you receive the parcels.
I’ve got Donovan staying I really feel heartsore about him as I feel he hasn’t had a fair deal in life – if you heard the way Ronald used to pick on him the whole time & wouldn’t let him go to the beach or anywhere & he’s nearly 18 years old.

We are having such extremes in temperature 6 last night then over 30 today – went to Midmar yesterday & it was quite cool , but I swam the water was warm on top but freezing underneath, today I have spent nearly all day in the pool. Nicky is swimming nicely. Matthew says the water is too cold – he is so cute & speaks & sings so well.

Neal is going to work at Ronald’s firm in his vacation as they are very hard up & he will earn nearly R5000 for the few weeks he works there.

Sheila came up for the day on Sunday still undecided as to whether she should leave Ronald or not. Taryn is staying with Vanessa – Jema won’t leave Sheila I think she feels insecure.

Still no rain to speak of – we have a bumper crop of plums & peaches, but no vegetables in the garden.

Neal brought me some peas & beans from his garden - but he is able to water & has   labour whereas I battle on my own. I do have Elliott one day a week & I have taken Beselina on for 2 days a week as I just never had time to do anything but housework.

Have a wonderful Xmas & all the best for 1995
                                Tons of love from, XXXXXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family, XXXXXX





No comments:

Post a Comment