Thursday 29 June 2017

From St Albans : 27.12.90

From St Albans
27.12


Dear Alan and Lorna,
                                                I am sorry about buying “boring” presents for your girls but I could not think of what else to get them that was light. Mum suggested the underwear but I think I might have bought it too big. I am not sure.

                The books I have bought Jolene are, I think, a bit “trashy” but girls her age love them and it encourages her to read.

                We have the opposite problem here- trying to get Ben out of a book e.g. on Saturday we said he could go to the cricket Christmas party if he cleaned up his mess in the loungeroom.

                He chose to read a novel about the Civil War – so no cleaning up was done and no party (Ben plays for Albion U12’s)

                He did clean up on Sunday so he could go to Dennis’s family party. Ben & Peter collected several presents each – none too expensive which is the way I like it e.g. a sleeping bag, a t-shirt, a truck and a walkie-talkie.

                On Christmas Day we had dinner at Mums along with Uncle Ray. I am sure it was much quieter than other years (except for Ben & peter fighting). Mum gave Ben some cricket books and a jigsaw puzzle from Auntie Grace. Peter got some playmobile and a book about a tram. Dennis and I got a chair each which are just perfect for sitting in his garage in the evening.

                This garage has a side door as well as a front tilt-a-door. It is big enough to easily fit 2 cars.
                Auntie Grace had a turn on Friday night but I think she is alright again. They stayed at Westhaven though for Christmas Day.

                Alan, your cousin Iain had a boy on Christmas Day and according to Auntie Laurel they have called him Roy. (no comment!) Dennis and I have yet to agree on names though we are getting close.

                We still have no idea what it is. It does move a lot more than the boys and the head is very low and in a good position, (I have just been to the doctors). It is due about the 20th Jan.

                Ben starts Vicswim on the 31st (my birthday) for 2 weeks at the St Albans Pool.

                I hope you all had a great Christmas and I am grateful to Pam for taking the presents over,

                                                                                                                love Anne XXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment