Thursday 29 June 2017

From Southbroom : 4.10.1990

From Southbroom
4.10.1990
Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Note when I started this letter ­­- anyway we are at Jenny’s. She is at Winterbottom teaching & Daddy is helping Jimmy to put the Cressida back together, as they blew the engine about 3 weeks ago & Jimmy has had it all done up – now it must be assembled then put in the car. Jimmy has taken 10 days leave to sort it out.

Dad is being a misery as usual , because he came with me to town to go shopping & we first had to get money from the Y.B.S. & she had no money being too early on a Monday morning  & he get so fed up & wouldn’t wait so I waited on my own then went shopping on my own & I have just got an ear full from him – also because it is boiling hot (30 C) & I asked him to come down for a swim with me & he doesn’t want to – then when I said I would go on my own I got another ear full – so I am sitting in the music room & writing. I’m at it again as Dad could see I was mad, so he came & took me for a delicious swim – now I am making bread rolls for lunch - as the kids won’t be in until 3p.m. –actually it has just started to hail & rain –so I think we must go & fetch Tara from school – as I am sure the tennis will be cancelled. I’m ducking & diving as I have the bread rolls in the oven.

Debbie phoned to say you phoned her & she was very excited about it. Jenny has one more exam to doo then she has to sit & wait for her results. I had a lovely weekend with the kids. I took them to the river on Saturday & Sunday & yesterday we took the kayak with us & the kids really enjoyed themselves. It brought back memories of 2 little mites sitting in “paddle me” & drifting towards the wall at CragieBurn –we haven’t been there for ages as Daddy moans as the last time we have been there the wind has blown  gales & we have had to come home early – it is a long way.

Well we are home again & have worked in the garden for 2 whole days & it is starting to look nice.  We have family day here on the 10th so I am trying to get everything ship shape. Debbie, Lionel & kids are going to Jenny for the weekend. Vanessa has just phoned she is working at Makro on the switchboard ½ day. I am pleased as she & Neal were not getting along too well with her home all day & doing nothing. Two of the sheep have lambs & Dad has gone over to see if the 3rd one has produced yet.

                                Tons of love,

                                                Mum, Dad & family



No comments:

Post a Comment