Tuesday 3 August 2021

From Merrivale: June 2001

 

June 2001

Merrivale

Dear Melissa,

I am sitting in the sun at Southbroom balancing this letter on my lap hence all the ups @ downs.

I am writing to say PLEASE PLEASE try @ make it to our 50th wedding anniversary on 6th October as it will really make our day @ give you a chance to meet a lot of your relatives who haven’t seen you fro 15 years.

Grandpa had such a wonderful party with 100 people @ everyone is still talking about it  We have it on video @ I am going to get Juan to make a copy for you all to see.

Sherry, Juan, Aaron @ Leah are living with us until Juan gets a job. We adore the children but I do find it very tiring us all living cramped in our small house. Josh is growing so fast smiling @ trying to talk. They have gone two Shu Shu some hot springs . I can’t stand it there as it is so primitive 1 longdrop @ sometimes 1000 people.

We are missing Bradley as he looks too cute in those pictures of him in his bubble bath. We always seem to talk to Jolene when Mum phones you always seem to be out. How’s varsity Mum says you have to do another 6 months as they have changed the curriculum.

It’s Regan’s 21st to-day. He has come back to south Africa. So has Tara who lives in Empangeni.

I think Sheila has lost her marbles as she has the smallest house imaginable @ she has taken in  an alcoholic father , his three daughters @ an illegitimate grandchild. Byron now lives in St Francis Bay @ Wesley at varsity at Stellenbosch. Garrett doesn’t know what he wants to do, but he is doing some varsity degree through Unisa. He wants to be an actor or model, I must admit he is very good looking but unfortunately has a very bad skin through bad eating habits.

Well I am going to close now give my love to everyone.

I have just come inside @ seen the South Africans give the Aussies a good hiding in Rugby. Ha Ha.

Tons of love to everyone.

                From Papa @ Nana

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment