Tuesday 3 August 2021

From Merrivale: July 2001

 

July 2001

Merrivale

Dear Alan, Lorna, Bradley @ Girls,

I am sitting in the verandah at Southbroom enjoying a lovely sunshine day.

24 Degrees. We have been to the beach 3 times but I haven’t swum as there has been acold wind blowing off the snow, But Uncle Brian has swum twice haven’t been too well as my heart plays up every now @ then @ it makes me very tired @ weak. I am seeing a Dr on Monday, But I am afraid our health services have gone to the dogs. Leah has to have an operation on her one eye as it is slightly squint @ she has to go to the African Hospital at Edendale @ they’ll be lucky if they’re not hijacked or have their car stolen.

Sheila has lost her marbles as she has taken in an alcoholic father @ his 3 daughters @ a half colored grandchild @ she has the smallest house I have ever seen much much smaller than ours @ If you say anything she takes off. I’m fed up with her as when we stayed with her she told me how Ronald couldn’t stand having everybody in the house @ then we left in a hurry@ she kept phoning @ telling me how Sherry @ Juan were always there @ she didn’t know how to tell them nicely not to come so often then she takes in permanently 5 delinquent people @ tells me how happy they all are @ phones me @ gives me hell about something had nothing to do with then adds that she still loves me @ I’m the best mother , so I was so hurt we won’t go back there again in a hurry. Sherry, Juan @ children are still with us but have got a house, so will be shifting out soon. Sherry has a job but Juan not as yet.

Josh is growing fast @ is getting cute Lionel @ I had 2 fights @ Dad said he wouldn’t go back to Debbie’s if Lionel was there, then he phoned me late one night @ said he was coming to Dad’s party so I said he was one of the family @ so was expected. Ronald @ Lesley never came.

Thank you for Dad’s present. He had such a lovely party. People are still talking about it. 100 people. The Church did all the catering too. Setting out of the tables. Sheila didn’t come as she was forbidden to come by Ronald @ also had that household to take care of, but they could come all the way to Durban for a 2nd marriage for a friend of Ronald’s so I am very angry about that as only Neal @ Debbie came @ of course Sherry, Juan @ family. I am hoping to send you a video of the party. There were quiet a few rude remarks made by old friends because Ronald didn’t come.

Jenny phoned Dad @ sent him some tools with Regan. Regan comes over to see us, but Clinton has never had the decency to come @ say hello since he came home from the UK. Tara @ her boyfriend were at the party, now I’m preparing for our 50th which will be much bigger @ Sherry will do the decorations she ahs been very bust making decorations for each table.

I’ve got a nasty cough so hope it clears soon. I’m going off now for my afternoon snooze. Hope Melissa can write her exams a bit earlier @ be here for our 50th. Missing seeing Bradley grow up. The Hayes are coming over in Sept/Oct.

Tons of love @ thanks again.

Dad, Mum @ family

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment