Friday 2 March 2018

From Merrivale 9.5.1996


From Merrivale
9.5.1996


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,
Where does all the time go? It’s now 9am & I have done nothing & I have so much to do. Daddy & Neal are over at Debbie’s installing a dishwasher for her I didn’t go over as I am looking after Nicky & Matthew this afternoon while Debbie has her hair permed. Matthew is so cute & so outgoing, leaves Debbie & will go anywhere with anyone. He loves to dress up & always wears a hat & shoes & socks. I really enjoy looking after him & Nicky, we will have to go to the dam, see the chickens & Lesley & Ronald’s beautiful birds & goldfish & Matthew will try & catch a goldfish by knocking it over the head with his fishing rod.
We have had lovely rain & it’s a beautiful autumn day we have today warm & sunny 25. I love autumn it really is my favourite time of the year I loved the autumn we spent in Australia with the beautiful colors of the trees especially around Bright.
I met Dr Parkes at greys on Friday & he was so pleased to see me & to find out all about Melissa, he says he uses Melissa as an example to his other patients & was telling someone about her the day before we met, so I asked him if he would like one of the newspaper clippings of her & was so thrilled when I gave him one – he always asks after you.
I think Sherry is going to get married at the end of September now. I told her this morning she must make it 7th October as we are going to the Cape for September, then Daddy goes  back into hospital on 10th October for a check-up. Jyan has a flat in Merrivale & they are busy furnishing it. I like Jyan very much & just hope they will be very happy. Thought about Melissa yesterday on her 17th birthday. Hope she had a lovely day. is she in paralympics in Atlanta this year? Haven’t heard from for ages. Must close.
                                                                Tons of love from XXXXXXXX
                                                                Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment