Friday 2 March 2018

From Merrivale 23.4.1996


From Merrivale
23.4.1996

Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,
Where does all the time go? I am always on the go, go, go. After having spent 4 ½ weeks in bed then another 2 weeks in Durban, I am so far behind with everything & trying to catch up on it all. I have stakes of sewing to do & only time I seem to get to sew is at night, but now with the winter coming on I won’t be able to do that as it is too cold to sit in the back bedroom & sew, so we have a fire & I knit & watch TV (not quite yet).
This morning after having vacuumed , hung the washing out had half my breakfast decided that if I didn’t sit & write now I don’t know when I’ll get another chance & I want to say very many happy returns for your birthday Lorna, a bit late, but will be thinking of you on your birthday & hope you have a happy day.
I have no wheels as the gasket has gone on the Toyota Conquest & Daddy has taken the engine out of the little old Toyota & is busy doing it up. He & Neal have been doing a job in P.M.Burg for the last 2 weeks – I am hoping they will be finished this week & that Dad will take me to the caravan for a few days I think the Morrisons will join us.  We will take Regan home & spend the week-end in the hotel. They have been having some problems in the hotel, but hope it’s all settled now, as it has been a very worrying time for Jenny & Jim.
Sheila & family had a marvelous holiday at Cosy Bay & came home looking so rested & well, but since she has been back to work they have been giving her a hard time.
Debbie, Lionel & family went to the caravan for the weekend & invited us, but I said to Dad lets rather stay home & catch up on all our work.
Ronald & Lesley have been backwards & forwards to the hospital everyday as Sherry’s best friend & 4 daughters were in a very bad car accident. The baby 13 months has 2 broken legs & Clinton sat next to her all the first night & held her hand & comforted her he really is a lovely kid very like Ronald. run out of space. Love to everyone.
                                Tons of love ,   XXXXXXXX
                                Dad, Mum & family XXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment