Thursday 9 May 2019

From Merrivale 27 July 1998


From Merrivale
27 July
1998
Dear Alan, Lorna & girls,

Nine days & Melissa is off to Atlanta the whole family in South Africa wish you all the luck in the world & best wishes. We have sent a card, but I don’t think it will get there in time. I asked Lionel to fax it, but it was too think & he didn’t have the sense to photostat it then fax it never mind.
It is still bitterly cold & the snow has now been on the mountains for 3 weeks even behind Neals have still got snow on them, so I am heading for Durban this afternoon for 4 weeks. Sheila hasn’t a maid so I am going to be the paid maid for 4 weeks. Daddy is working at Neals & will stay there during the week & come to Durban weekends. I have just spent the week with Neal & family & the wind blew gales the whole time so I hardly went out of the house.

Neal turns 40 on Monday & Vanessa is giving him a party at Sheila’s next Saturday night. it is a surprise  & we will have a sheep on the spit. Stephen Holt is coming from Cape Town & Jonathon will be there too. Sheila & I are going shopping tomorrow & Dad, Ronald & the girls will go to the Air Show.

We have had severe frosts & temperature of -8 C. but went indoors at 2am as they were frozen. I have taken lots of knitting & sewing to do in Durban & I will take my sewing   machine, as Sheila’s has given up the ghost, she has a Bernina 4 thread overlocker. I think Bernina are the best.
Thank you Stacey for your card will answer it when I get to Durban I’m missing you.
Matthew told Debbie je didn’t want to go & visit noisy nana.

Cheers!

Tons of love from   XXXXXXX

Dad, Mum & family XXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment