Thursday 9 May 2019

From Merrivale 11.2.1998


From Merrivale
11.2.1998


Dear Alan, Lorna & Girls,

Thought I had better drop you a few lines before we leave for Cape St Francis (1000 kms away) on Monday. I am looking forward to being there but not the journey as we are going through the Transkei as it saves 400 kms. Sheila seems to have settled there and bought a house, but neither she nor Ronald have jobs, but I’ll write from there & let you have all the news.

Vanessa has just phoned to apologise to me for the way she went for me for trying to look after her TAB as I knew she was on diet & could only drink TAB. Yesterday Sheila phoned to offer to lend her Toyota, which they didn’t take with them & she was so rude to Sheila & complained to Sheila about me, so I don’t know what bought about the apology, anyway for Neal’s sake I accepted her apology.
The next doors still aren’t talking to me & I can promise you Ronald is going to be very sorry when he does come over as he is going to get it from me from a dizzy height over the way he has treated Sherry & about the way he has got this farm & gives us R250 a month, & I have to stand over the wood stove making pickles & chutney so that we can make out, while they live in the lap of luxury & buying a car for Clinton etc.  Sherry was 21 last Wednesday & she & Juan took Dad & me out to lunch at Spurs. She has a  lovely little 2 bedroomed home 20 kms out of Maritzburg on the Greytown road & she is very happy & excited about the  baby & has a cat & a pram, car  seat, computer & just about everything she needs. I bought & made the curtain for the baby’s room as a 21st birthday gift.
On Saturday we all went to Water world for her birthday.  She phoned Ron & Les but hey turned down her offer. Jenny has bought a lovely old house in Ladysmith. Tam-lyn is now an air hostess with British Airways & is on the European Route so seeing a lot of the world.

Debbie’s kids have been having such fun with their friends down at the dam every weekend they take the boat down & I only see them when they want food or drinks. Dad’s keeping well & busy. I started again with panic attacks with all this nonsense going on. Ronald & les are so jealous that Sherry & Juan are always here or else we just love going out to them as it so peaceful & lovely they have at least 4 dams full of life. Thanks for the money for Xmas. I’m very involved in Church.
Tons of love,

Dad, Mum & family XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment